Menu

Paper Towns-anyone read it? Book trailer saga again

Debbi in Texas

Can I also just add that I loved this book as fiction for actual young adults? I wasn't exactly heavy reading, lol, and some of the plot was contrived, but I loved the real life feel of it. Guys obssesses over girl, guy thinks girl is leaving him a trail of breadcrumbs so they can be together because her world MUST revolve around him.... guys discovers girl did nothing of the sort and kind of just wants him to leave her alone, and that other people do not exist as props for his hero fantasy. :lol:  It's not the greatest love story of all time, but goodness knows that a lot of teens (and adults!) could use that particular burst of enlightenment.

• Like 2

Can I also just add that I loved this book as fiction for actual young adults? I wasn't exactly heavy reading, lol, and some of the plot was contrived, but I loved the real life feel of it. Guys obssesses over girl, guy thinks girl is leaving him a trail of breadcrumbs so they can be together because her world MUST revolve around him.... guys discovers girl did nothing of the sort and kind of just wants him to leave her alone, and that other people do not exist as props for his hero fantasy. :lol:  It's not the greatest love story of all time, but goodness knows that a lot of teens (and adults!) could use that particular burst of enlightenment.

I would have liked it more if she would have at least graduated. I feel like the book glorifies partying and dropping out of school. But I liked parts of it too. I liked Q better than Margo, though.