Menu

A VT funny...and processing glitches

This afternoon we found out dd has been doing one of her vision therapy daily homework activities SEEING DOUBLE. This could have been going on for weeks and she never mentioned it. How could someone not say anything about seeing double during a visual exercise? I don't think she usually sees double.

It's actually kind of fascinating that she could just ignore it and keep reading. This supports my belief that it's very hard for people with processing glitches to see outside their own processing and identify their problems without having been specifically taught about them.

The homework has been changed to address this problem. I'm trying not to think about how this may have slowed her progress and increased the amount of therapy she'll need.

Nonetheless, VT has brought amazing changes to her life, so I'm hopeful even more good things will come now that this issue is addressed.

• Like 3

This afternoon we found out dd has been doing one of her vision therapy daily homework activities SEEING DOUBLE. This could have been going on for weeks and she never mentioned it. How could someone not say anything about seeing double during a visual exercise? I don't think she usually sees double.

It's actually kind of fascinating that she could just ignore it and keep reading. This supports my belief that it's very hard for people with processing glitches to see outside their own processing and identify their problems without having been specifically taught about them.

I can get that she'd think it's normal if she sees that all the time, but to see it during an exercise and not say something is very odd. I hope the therapist realizes that she needs to ask more questions though. Our VT person was constantly asking, "What do you see?" and other questions like that to be sure everything was going well. And they had tips about what you shouldn't be seeing for some things (not everything).

• Like 1

Guest jim15800

Maybe she thought seeing double was what was suppose to happen.   It is some times a good idea to describe the expectations of a exercise.