Menu

Storing binders a backstop or something?

I hate the way binders all huddle together at the back of the shelf and other books get lost beside them.   I experimented yesterday with cutting notches in an empty paper towel roll and placing it at the back of the shelf and sliding the open part of each binder into one of the notches.  It works great, the binders stay straight all the way back!  But this will not hold up to binders being taken in and out.  So I am thinking of seeing if my Dad can make something out of wood or something else?  Before we reinvent the wheel I wanted to know if you have done anything like this.  I'd love ideas.

Thanks

Kendall 

I will have to subscribe to this. Conveniently for me, in many subjects I have two students (twins) so I can store their binders for that subject front to back with each other. What about a bunch of magazine holders along the shelf? They take up space (boo) but you could roughly categorize with them, either by subject or student. If you could find cardboard ones you might be able to cut away the short side. They would be less stable, but books and binders could slide in and out.

What about Princeton Files? You could put them on the shelf "backward" and hold your binders while not losing regular books next to them.

http://www.demco.com/goto?BLS168249&ALL0000&es=20150721200754777409

These look great. I have something similar (Mesh Magazine File) for each kid. Their binders (and my TMs) go in between the files and the next kid's magazine file. They can still lose smaller books & notebooks, but it is easy to slide the whole file out & peer down to see if it is just smooshed behind something.

The only thing I don't like about our magazine files is they are very tall. The Princeton Files look a little shorter & thus easier to use in smaller bookcase areas. (Yep, the Princeton ones are 8 1/2" tall vs. mesh of 12"+.)