Menu

How to turn our writing assignments into a bound book?

Is there a way to take the kids' writing and have it bound into a book? Like something the size of a Dr. Seuss book with a hard cover? I'm pretty sure I could google and find websites that do this, but has anyone here done so and has advice about it?

If you have, how did it turn out? Do you have any tips of mistakes to avoid or things to do to make it better? What website did you use?

I've put writings and drawings (along with photographs) in books from Shutterfly.

If you wanted to write out the writings, just insert plank pages and a textbox.  Otherwise, you could scan/take a picture of the writing and insert it...

Seconding Lulu. They have lots of good options for binding, etc., and the prices are reasonable for even one copy. You can keep your book set to private so no one else can access it. We just had dh's grandfather's WWII diary printed as a gift for his grandmother.

I've used Blurb to make all kinds of photo albums and scrapbooks; we've had six different books made so far and all were perfectly printed. I love, love, love Blurb! The photo and page quality is excellent and you could definitely do what you're describing. Blurb also ships really quickly. Keep your eyes open for their flash sales; they frequently do 30% off sales. (So, I make the book and have it all ready to go, waiting on my computer, and then when the next flash sale comes up, I upload by book and make my purchase.) Highly, highly recommend!

• Like 1

My son wrote and illustrated a picture book a couple years back. We uploaded it and had a hardback book printed through Shutterfly and it came out great. I waited for a good coupon before I ordered. It is on our shelf and read aloud often to my 4-year-old.