Menu

Shoe-Tying... Solved!

In case you haven't already discovered this , it really is amazing.   I posted this elsewhere on the forums but am just so delighted with it that I decided to give it its own thread.  :hurray:

We'd resigned ourselves to the fact that ds7's sneakers would forever be a rabbit-ear-less jumble of knots; but he is actually succeeding with this, in just 10 minutes time! And after 35 minutes total of my time this morning, we now have THREE certified shoe-tie-ers! (Ds7, Dd6, and Dd4 the lefty.)  

On the link, scroll waaaaay down the page to see the Point-of-View video (it provides the best, slowest, perspective).  In the comments section, Adrian's comment (toward the end) corrected the difficulty I had at first, and at the very end of the comments section I added the wording I found helpful as I taught my own kiddos (see "Rebecca").

Now off to Zappos to get more lacey kicks.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 6

I'm totally going to try this! My 7 year old can sorta barely tie his shoes and it's really frustrating when they're a mess all the time. And of course I have another little boy coming up on needing to learn which is stressing me out to be honest, lol!  Thanks for the link!

• Like 1