Menu

Decluttering progress report and proof of my dh's love

I have packed away my four boxes of unused books, and most of my papers are filed. I got off track with sorting, though, and then... wouldn't you know it. The best library sale of the year had to come along today and dh said I could go. Is that love, or what? :) So, I came home today with three grocery bags of books. Actually, now that I have emptied the shelves of the books we won't be using for a few years, it looks like they'll all fit. Hooray!

That is true love:D I'm impressed at your progress at decluttering. I've been trying for four years and still haven't gotten very far!

You know, I've tried off and on for about that long, too, with very little success. The problem was, I didn't have a useful plan. Instead, I just would pull books that I didn't think we'd ever use, and there were never very many. Once I decided (thanks to some great suggestions here) to pack away anything we weren't going to use in the next two years, it freed me to cull my books pretty quickly. Once they were in a box, I just typed up the list of what was in it, slapped a label on it, and shoved it in the basement storage room. The lists are on my computer and will eventually be in a binder for me to reference. Right now, they are in a clutter pile on my desk, waiting for a home. ;) The job is never done!

If you are interested, here's the thread with the suggestions people gave me. Maybe something there will help you, too! http://67.202.21.157/forums/showthread.php?t=53774

If you've got all the done, you deserved a book sale. And good for dh for knowing that. I hope you enjoyed it.

Oh, I did! I did! :D Let's see, I bought about 10 Landmark books; several SL titles I had already planned for the dc to read this year (from the library); a huge. world holidays cookbook for children; several Jean Fritz books; a bunch of science experiment books; some books on the American Revolution and the Civil War; 1970s copies of Algebra 1 and 2 by Dolciani; and a college-level physics text written for liberal arts majors. I spent about $20 on all that. Yes, I did indeed have a wonderful time!