Menu

Lesson plans? for SOTW? IEW?

mmasc

Please forgive me seasoned homeschoolers for what may be just a plain old dumb question, but can I get lesson plans for these two things specifically?  :confused1:  Is the only way to get written plans is to either 1) write them myself or 2) buy a box curriculum?  

This is where I'm coming from: I'm a very "check the box" kind of person and so far I've used my paper planner to write out what we actually do each day. I guess it's actually a record of completed work.  I would like to switch that this year to have a written out plan of what we need to do, then check the box if/when it gets completed.  Math, Spelling, and Reading are easy, just do the next thing, subjects for us.  But I'd really love to have the other subjects mapped out.  For example, read Ch 1 on Mon, do activity guide pg. on Wed, narrate on Fri (or whatever!)  Like most of you I think, I use items from various publishers, but I love the idea of those Lesson plan guides from MP, TImberdoodle, MFW, etc! Do you all just sit down and write (type) out your own if you use multiple publishers?

Thanks for your infinite knowledge and advice!

Look at History Odyssey. It uses SOTW and is lesson plans with a checklist.

I second this suggestion. I haven't used History Odyssey for the primary level, but instead wrote my own lesson plans by going through the Activity Guide and picking and choosing what we wanted to do and then added some videos from Discovery Education (DS is not a crafty, project type kid, so we skipped most of the hands-on projects in the AG). I can't advise on IEW as we haven't used it, but it sticks in my mind that there was a lesson plan that came with those materials. Hopefully, someone else will chime in regarding IEW.

• Like 1

I wrote my own lesson plans (basically just a schedule) and input everything into Homeschool Planet.  It's very satisfying turning all the little boxes green each day.  :D  There are tons of suggested schedules out there, though, I got my ideas of how to structure SOTW by looking around the internet at how everyone else did it.

• Like 1