Menu

Fundraising -- because you're all dying to know!

LisaKinVA

As of Tuesday, I am the Fundraising chair for the Naples Tiger Sharks swim team AND Boy Scouts Troop 007.

What does this mean for me?  

#1 -- I get to dovetail all of the paperwork.

#2 -- I get to keep organizational events we're committed to separate (makes scheduling in my life easier)

#3 -- If the Boy Scouts can't meet an obligation, the Swim Team can benefit by taking it on (a last minute camping trip was planned, taking away 15% of my families.  Another 15% are moving in the next 3 weeks, another 10% are traveling...there is no way we can man the event.  SO, I'm giving the Swim Team the opportunity to pick it up).

#4 -- Two of the largest youth organizations on the base can now more easily cross-pollinate ;)

#5 -- Successfully raising money for BOTH organizations substantially reduce my out-of-pocket expenses.

It's like having a full-time job...haha.  

That said, the Boy Scout's Dishing Up Dinner event is scheduling dinners, the publicity is in full swing, and if all goes well -- it's $2,000-$4,000 net to the organization.  

On top of that, my own little side-cooking business is starting to gather steam.  Now, if the mail can just deliver some of my ingredients :p  I sold 20 dozen cinnamon rolls in the last week.  I'm starting to get really good rolling them out, and have gotten prep to a science (My kitchen is not a disaster!).

I should see another bump on the food for my cash business and the fundraiser after this weekend.  I think we may do an "invitation only" tasting party with tasters of the various things on our summer menus ($10 per person, buffett-style), to pump up the business.  Our new summer goal is $4,000 from all sources.  After that, I'm hoping for $1000 a month in extra income.  This will help so very much!

That's where we are!  Wish you all were here to enjoy the tasty food.  I'm not the Hive's own Pioneer Woman cooking...but I'm not bad ;)

• Like 8

ETA: I messed up the quote! Lisa's quotes are not in bold. My comments are in bold.

As I read all of that I thought, "Great resume builder should Lisa go back to work (ykwim) after homeschooling." 

On top of that, my own little side-cooking business is starting to gather steam.

After that, I'm hoping for $1000 a month in extra income.  This will help so very much!

That's where we are!  Wish you all were here to enjoy the tasty food.  I'm not the Hive's own Pioneer Woman cooking...but I'm not bad ;)

Not bad? You're the woman! I wish I were as resourceful and talented as you are. 

• Like 1

Wow, you go! I am suddenly so hungry!

Me, too.  I just spent the last 2 hours  writing/working out a recipe I intend to family taste-test tomorrow -- and then serve on Sunday.  I have a group of 24 people who I'm serving (dd is making our most excellent cupcakes).  

Good times.

ETA: I messed up the quote! Lisa's quotes are not in bold. My comments are in bold.

As I read all of that I thought, "Great resume builder should Lisa go back to work (ykwim) after homeschooling." 

On top of that, my own little side-cooking business is starting to gather steam.

After that, I'm hoping for $1000 a month in extra income.  This will help so very much!

Not bad? You're the woman! I wish I were as resourceful and talented as you are. 

It's crunch time.  I'm fortunate I have even an opportunity to lighten the financial load.  Every little bit right now, helps pay off these doggone medical bills, and gets me one step closer to getting my mouth fixed.  I am hoping for a break, though.  I'd really like to travel!  

Wow! First of all, you're making me hungry. Secondly... I NEED TO KNOW what happened with the obnoxious woman who told you that your whole family HAD to be there for the fundraising event the other weekend.

She's taking over the PTSA ;)