Menu

Potter's School Chinese I

Does anyone have experience with the Potter's School Chinese I?  My son is interested in learning Chinese and I've heard good things about Potter's School.  I've looked at local resources but am not finding anything close to home.

I'd really appreciate any feed back or suggestions.

Thanks so much,

Kerri

• 3 weeks later...

I know a friend who used to teach there before they moved to other state. I have no personal experience but she is very knowledgeable in Chinese teaching as far as I can see. I think the school she chose to teach must be good. I am native Chinese speaker. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mentioning because this is the high school board. My dd dual enrolled in Chinese through our community college. It is offered statewide as an online course, because there are not enough students at most of the CCs to justify a separate class.

She successfully completed two semesters, and those credits transferred to her four year university, where she continued to take higher levels of Chinese.

The online class format was the most challenging for her, as she was forced to be accountable for her work. It was a lot tougher than meeting in a classroom situation 1-2x a week, and I believe it was one more component that set her up to be successful at college.

• Like 1