Menu

Posting pictures

Night Elf

Is there a tutorial somewhere that can walk me through how to post pictures? I managed to do it one time and I have no idea how I did it. Someone posted wedding photos and they were big. When I try to post a picture, it tells me the file is too big but it's certainly smaller than those other big photos.

Beth,

I asked this similar question a few weeks ago to show off my handmade/decorated cupcakes.  LOL!  

My dh figured it out.  You have to go in to my content and browse around until you find other pics you may have uploaded and start to delete until you have less stored (allow more storage/room) in your profile and are able to accept more.

If you haven't posted pics before, then I have no idea - sorry.

My dh found pics I forget I had him post a few years ago.  I told him I didn't have any pics in my profile center.  He found a few big ones (I remembered then) and we deleted.  Once done, he was able to upload my cupcake pics!  

FWIW - I posted artsy pics of the moon a few years ago and there were many downloads of them.  HTH!

• Like 1

Is there a tutorial somewhere that can walk me through how to post pictures? I managed to do it one time and I have no idea how I did it. Someone posted wedding photos and they were big. When I try to post a picture, it tells me the file is too big but it's certainly smaller than those other big photos.

I'm pretty sure we used to be able to post pics as an attachment from out computers, but now, the only choice available is url. No idea. 

I open my picture in Paint and reduce it until the file size is under whatever the limit it. Usually I start with 50% then sometimes it takes another 50%. Save that. Then below the reply box there is More Reply Options--click that. Below the box is now a Browse button that will allow you to browse your photo files. Select your file and click Attach This File. If your file is below the 134K it will load. You'll get a thumbnail in your reply that people can click on to enlarge.

I'm test-driving my directions with a picture of my cats for fun. :D

Beth,

I asked this similar question a few weeks ago to show off my handmade/decorated cupcakes.  LOL!  

My dh figured it out.  You have to go in to my content and browse around until you find other pics you may have uploaded and start to delete until you have less stored (allow more storage/room) in your profile and are able to accept more.

If you haven't posted pics before, then I have no idea - sorry.

My dh found pics I forget I had him post a few years ago.  I told him I didn't have any pics in my profile center.  He found a few big ones (I remembered then) and we deleted.  Once done, he was able to upload my cupcake pics!  

FWIW - I posted artsy pics of the moon a few years ago and there were many downloads of them.  HTH!

How do you delete them? Do you have to go into the old post? I have one posted from recently when I was trying to figure out how to do it. I think I may have once posted a picture of cupcakes but that could have been years ago. Do I find them just by browsing every page of my posts? I have thousands.

I open my picture in Paint and reduce it until the file size is under whatever the limit it. Usually I start with 50% then sometimes it takes another 50%. Save that. Then below the reply box there is More Reply Options--click that. Below the box is now a Browse button that will allow you to browse your photo files. Select your file and click Attach This File. If your file is below the 134K it will load. You'll get a thumbnail in your reply that people can click on to enlarge.

I'm test-driving my directions with a picture of my cats for fun. :D

attachicon.gifcat in bag2.jpg

Oh my goodness! I must really be getting senile! I was wanting to post a pic the other day and kept looking at all the icons and things above the post, but never even noticed the gigantic paperclip and place to add a file under it!  Thanks for this! 

How do you delete them? Do you have to go into the old post? I have one posted from recently when I was trying to figure out how to do it. I think I may have once posted a picture of cupcakes but that could have been years ago. Do I find them just by browsing every page of my posts? I have thousands.

Beth,  here ya go -

user name with little carrot, click to open drop down

my settings

manage attachments

"check" box with desired photos to delete

delete "button" to delete selected boxes

HTH!! 

• Like 1

I find it very simple to use a hosting site (I use photobucket, which is free), upload the pictures there, then push the icon in the middle of the bottom row.  If you hover over it, you can read the word "image".  Then you just put the "direct link" from photobucket into it.  It is a large photo, but it doesn't seem to cause issues for this site.  I am a super nontechy person so if I can do this, that means it is not hard.  :)