Menu

Okay, deep breath, everybody, and say it with me: DUUUUHHHH!

Sheesh.

Many thanks to all you out there who gave us tips for how to feed the Tall Bald Guy. If you don't recall, he's diabetic and having trouble choosing the right foods for working in the heat.

He went to the VA today and told them that he can't seem to bring his sugar down. They said, no, your A1C was around 10.0 last year, and you've brought it down to just under 7...that's great--keep doing whatever you're doing!

He said, but every time I check my sugar it's in the mid-300 range!

They checked it in the office and it was 89!

Not once did we think that his meter was the problem...

One more time, guys: Duuhhhhh.....:tongue_smilie:

:hurray:

We usually allow ourselves one "duh" per day here, and apparently we've been saving up for a big one.

That is wonderful!!! BTW, when you get a new meter, do read the instructions. They come with a test liquid, and, if you suspect a prob, you should test with the liquid. I keep mine in my case at all times.

Glad to hear that's all it was! Great decrease on his sugar--his A1C is almost normal!!

Sheesh.

Many thanks to all you out there who gave us tips for how to feed the Tall Bald Guy. If you don't recall, he's diabetic and having trouble choosing the right foods for working in the heat.

He went to the VA today and told them that he can't seem to bring his sugar down. They said, no, your A1C was around 10.0 last year, and you've brought it down to just under 7...that's great--keep doing whatever you're doing!

He said, but every time I check my sugar it's in the mid-300 range!

They checked it in the office and it was 89!

Not once did we think that his meter was the problem...

One more time, guys: Duuhhhhh.....:tongue_smilie:

:hurray:

We usually allow ourselves one "duh" per day here, and apparently we've been saving up for a big one.

Oh my goodness. I'm glad that it was his meter that was the problem. Kudos to him for bringing it down! That's still quite scary to me though, my Dad is a diabetic. :eek: