Menu

To those with post office (late) woes

creekland

To anyone with post office delivery concerns:

We just got a personal letter in yesterday April 27th.  It was postmarked March 13th.

It came from Washington (State).  We live in Pennsylvania.  Everything was correct with the address.  I believe they either tossed it in the air and let the prevailing winds bring it or put it in the backpack of a coast to coast meandering hiker...

If you're expecting something and someone told you they mailed it, there's hope.

Fortunately, it wasn't anything we needed quickly!

• Like 1

I have the worst mail lady ever. There is not a day goes by that we do not get someone else's mail. Our neighborhood walks out every night and puts the wrongly delivered mail at the right door stoop, When we complain, the mail lady gets even by taking mail out of our mailboxes or delaying the mail of checks. I have seen my box full of unsolicited magazines, yet necessary invoices or checks come in 3 weeks late or get held at the post office for pickup. We cannot prove her incompetence or vindictiveness so we have learned to deal with it. I would love to get a new mail person.

My bills always manage to make it!  :glare:

We have group mailboxes and I think our mail girl is afraid of us.  She now calls our house when she has a package and asks if we want to meet her, have her put it in a package box, or have her leave it at the PO.

(She misplaced a package right before Christmas and dh wasn't as understanding about it as he should have been.  On the bright side, the person who received it delivered it to us on Christmas Eve!)

The only issues we have is with mailing or receiving stuff to/from Germany.  Oh and I forgot about the mailman that was stealing our Game Fly games.  The post office searched for it (eye roll) and sent us a movie that had nothing to do with a Game Fly item. Then when I tried to give it back to them they didn't want to take it because they didn't know what to do with it because the guy "never heard of such a thing".  *sigh*

I have the worst mail lady ever. There is not a day goes by that we do not get someone else's mail. Our neighborhood walks out every night and puts the wrongly delivered mail at the right door stoop, When we complain, the mail lady gets even by taking mail out of our mailboxes or delaying the mail of checks. I have seen my box full of unsolicited magazines, yet necessary invoices or checks come in 3 weeks late or get held at the post office for pickup. We cannot prove her incompetence or vindictiveness so we have learned to deal with it. I would love to get a new mail person.

Do you have the same post person all the time? We don't. I think we have had at least 10 in the 6 years we have been here, and probably more. I just stopped keeping track after a while. 

We have group mailboxes and I think our mail girl is afraid of us.  She now calls our house when she has a package and asks if we want to meet her, have her put it in a package box, or have her leave it at the PO.

(She misplaced a package right before Christmas and dh wasn't as understanding about it as he should have been.  On the bright side, the person who received it delivered it to us on Christmas Eve!)

We have had bills not make it. We got a water shut off notice once for a bill that never came. We are unsure if this was due to the incompetence of the mail or the water company though. It is a township agency in a town that we have no voting rights for (neighboring town). I call it taxation without representation. 

OP - That is rather unbelievable though! My in-laws are coming from Seattle to Philly today. I wonder if it will take them 6 weeks too. LOL

I HATE our mail service. We have door to door service and I think everyone hates this route. I am suppose to get a package tomorrow (according to the USPS website) but I bet it will not be here till Thursday or Friday. Packages come when we are blessed with someone who wants to deliver them.  :glare:  Mine is so bad and I have called so much, that my next stop would be my US congressmen or Senator... probably not the one that is indicted though.  :confused1:

So ours has a twin. :glare: .  A group of us took a boxful each of mail to the PO to show how bad this person is.  PO did nothing but say "I'll talk to him."  I would like to say it got better but no.   We all enjoy when he goes on vacation and a certain girl takes over the route.  She delivers the mail correctly.

This would really annoy me.  Fortunately, I really like our mail lady.  She's awesome.  Once in a blue moon we'll get something delivered incorrectly, but we just walk it to where it belongs.

If ours don't, I've never noticed.  ;)  Maybe that's why the budget isn't as tight as a few years ago?

OP - That is rather unbelievable though! My in-laws are coming from Seattle to Philly today. I wonder if it will take them 6 weeks too. LOL

Are they bringing mail with them?  ;)

I'd love to see just where this letter went on its journey.  It got postmarked, so made it in the system, but did it travel or get stuck/lost or ???  There's absolutely no damage to it nor extra writing or whatever.  If I hadn't been expecting it last month I'm not even sure I'd notice how late it is.

Wow. I'd be ticked, too. If you get no relief from her direct supervisor, I'd keep crawling up the P.O. chain. Surely, there is someone, somewhere who can put some weight on this problem.

Early in our years at this address, our first names were similar to the first names of the people who lived one street over in the same numbered house. We each got a lot of each others mail. Speaking to the postman helped for a bit, then it would slide back. Finally I started writing 'Delivered to Wrong Address' and dropping it in the main P.O. office box in town. It became easier to see how often it was happening. Our P.O. guy shaped up dramatically.

In your case, the worker might just toss any marked on mail...but it might be worth a try--especially if the whole street did it at the same time.

Good luck in getting that solved.