Menu

Killgallon Books 30% Off

SeaConquest

Cross-posting from the HS Board. The Killgallon books are currently 30% off! I compared with Amazon prices, and this is definitely a good deal.

http://www.heinemann.com/authors/837.aspx

After reading old threads, I have the following in my cart. Is this overkill, or should I strike while the iron is hot?

Product Title List Price Discount Web Price Quantity 32500223.jpg Sentence Composing for Elementary School: A Worktext to Build Better Sentences -- E00223 $27.50 30.0% $19.25 0325009562.jpg Grammar for Middle School: A Sentence-Composing Approach--A Student Worktext -- E00956 $19.38 30.0% $13.56 9780325042688.jpg Paragraphs for Middle School: A Sentence-Composing Approach -- E04268 $30.00 30.0% $21.00 9780325047942.jpg Paragraphs for Elementary School: A Sentence-Composing Approach -- E04794 $26.88 30.0% $18.81 9780325012469.jpg Story Grammar for Elementary School: A Sentence-Composing Approach: A Student Worktext -- E01246 $19.38 30.0% $13.56             Order Subtotal:   $86.19

• Like 1

Anyone?  I know I'd like to do some Killgallon down the line, and this IS an awesome price.  I can't find many reviews on Paragraphs for Elementary.  Has anyone used it this year?  Is it different enough from the Sentence book to be worthwhile?  Does it have enough overlap to make Sentence Composing unnecessary?  (I'm trying not to spend money that won't be absolutely worthwhile.)

I haven't used them, and just bought Killgallon MS Sentences on Amazon last week.  These prices are good!  I think I may pick a few up.  I have no idea how any of the others compare.  What I can tell you is that I like the way the MS Sentences is set up.  Even if the Paragraphs book overlaps, I don't think it would be bad to do both.  The book was smaller than I had thought, and the student does not write in them, so it can be used over and over w/ younger kids.  I thought it was more like a workbook, but it's not.  My DD thinks it's neat :)  She wanted to do it over the summer, but I want to wait until 7th grade.  I think I will try to do Paragraphs and Sentences in 7th/8th grades.  I'm not sure about the Grammar books. 

• Like 1

We use Sentence Composing for Elementary. I had to take a break and switch to Paragraphs for Elementary in order to "officially" introduce paragraphs before the "write a paragraph" exercise in the sentence book. I originally bought the Sentence Composing for Middle School one, but the model sentences wouldn't yet be familiar to my 4th grade dc, and my stressed-out writer would have been more stressed by the slightly longer sentences, so I backed off to the elementary one. So, I own a number of the books, but have only thoroughly used Sentence Composing for Elementary so far. Like it, though!

• Like 1