Menu

Math review similar to Math Minutes?

ondreeuh

My son has done Math Minutes the past two years and they have been perfect. I love that they are a single-sided worksheet, 10 problems, and a nice mix of review & preview. He is finishing up grade 7, and I want to wait until the fall to start grade 8 as they complement our textbook very well. Is there anything else like them? Ideally it would be a review of all of the 7th grade math topics or pre-algebra.

He has already done the middle-grade Math Minutes, or else I'd just do that.

Didax Daily Mental Math? We are using the third grade book.

http://www.didax.com/daily/

You might scrutinize the samples. DD started the third grade book with she was doing SM 2B. Now, she's in 3A and getting toward the end of the Didax book. The second grade one would have been too easy for her.

ETA: You can buy them at Rainbow and CBD. CBD has the best samples.

• Like 1

Summer Solutions Math 7 from Simple Solutions. We use the CC version, but they offer non-CC aligned also.

This looks great. The only downside is that problems have to be copied, but with only 20 problems it's not a big deal. Thank you!

ETA - did you order from their website? It's a shame they don't seem to sell it to retailers or have digital versions. I'm afraid it will take 3 weeks to get it in AK.

This looks great. The only downside is that problems have to be copied, but with only 20 problems it's not a big deal. Thank you!

ETA - did you order from their website? It's a shame they don't seem to sell it to retailers or have digital versions. I'm afraid it will take 3 weeks to get it in AK.

I'm not sure what you mean about problems being copied? The problems are on the left-hand side of a 2-page spread and the numbered space to record the answer is on the right-hand side. My DD just writes the answer in the box. Well, I guess some require you to write the whole problem (such as a long division). Never mind...I'm sleepy right now!

Yes, I ordered from the company directly. I'm only one state away, so I can't speak to shipping time to AK, but I got mine in 1 week.