Menu

Finalizing Baby name, famous April bdays, a fun project...

Kerileanne99

So awhile back I got some great suggestions for baby boy names from the hive. We are definitely in the final stretch now as I will be 37 weeks on Sunday!!! Yay! I can't even believe it as the doctors thought several times we would be delivering him, starting at 26 weeks. It has been a rough one, but everyday now is just bonus:)

As a bit of a refresher, we know we will go with a long NAME to match the syllables and style of dd5's name. Her name is Alexandria Isobel McCall Lastname, and so we couldn't very well call this child something like Bob:)

We have not managed to settle in anything, but do have some contenders, which I will list below. But here is the fun part I could use some help with! My dd5 actually came up with the idea, and daddy and I think it will be fun (within reason!). There are many famous mathematicians, thinkers, and scientists born in April. Alex wants to name the baby in part after one of them, depending upon which bday baby arrives:)

So we are creating a master list. I have found a couple of famous bday lists online, but it seems every time I search I get new names. Anybody want to help and join in on the hunt?😄

Here are the contenders or parts we are considering, with 2nd list of some famous bdays in April. Our family has started placing bets:) we know the 2nd middle name will be Charles, after family... So we have variations of the following but are not stuck or set on them.

Maximilian Sebastian Charles

Atticus Maximillian Charles

So say if the baby came on 15 April (Leonardo Da Vinci's bday!) we might go with Maximillian Leonardo Charles, or some variation thereof:)

If baby arrives on 23 April (Max Planck AND William Shakespeare's bdays!) we might go with Maximillian William Charles...

And so on. Dd is desperately hoping that the baby will wait until 30 April as that is Freidrich Gauss' bday! She would be absolutely ecstatic, but this is a REALLY a longshot:)

Anybody want to research some possibilities? Place bets? Otherwise help me pass the final part of bed rest, lol?!

Here's what I got using this list:

April 4: Linus Maximilian Charles (Yale locks)

April 5: Maximilian Charles Sebastien (improved pianos/harps)

April 16: Charles  Hadley Maximilian (telescope)

April 19: Charles Maximilian  Seaborg (plutonium)

April 21: Oskar Charles Maximilian (fertilization)

April 25: Maximilian Charles Marconi  or Charles Maximilian Marconi (radio)

One of my main criteria (especially for boys) for names is: will this get the kid beaten up at school?  Which is weird since we homeschool.  Studies have shown, I read, that kids with really weird names have a harder time in school and life, so there's that.

I like Sebastian and Charles, Maximillian is not terrible either (esp. if you call him Max).

You could name him John after Jane Goodall :)  There's always James Watson - though I suppose both John and James are too short for your taste?  And Pauli - Paul is pretty short too, though.

Alas, my ideas are no  good :(  Congrats on getting to 37 weeks!

William is a great name, btw - our middle son's middle name :)  

• Like 1

Here's what I got using this list:

April 4: Linus Maximilian Charles (Yale locks)

April 5: Maximilian Charles Sebastien (improved pianos/harps)

April 16: Charles Hadley Maximilian (telescope)

April 19: Charles Maximilian Seaborg (plutonium)

April 21: Oskar Charles Maximilian (fertilization)

April 25: Maximilian Charles Marconi or Charles Maximilian Marconi (radio)

Thanks for the link, I printed out that list! Hubby likes Hadley in there...but insists it would be just a plain bad idea to name a boy after the man who discovered embryonic fertilization, lol!

I'm not so good with the bets and the names but I remember bed rest. Keep up the good work! When do the docs let you up?

Thanks! I get up a little each day. Since I am in a wheelchair anyway, it is pretty much ALWAYS pelvic rest, lol. Who knew the wheelchair would have a benefit?!

These days I probably rest more than strictly necessary:) as much as I am ready for this baby to.be.out., I also want to hang in as long as possible:)

• Like 1