Menu

Flax seeds

Night Elf

I looked online at Amazon but the orders are so big, like at least 2 bags included in the order. I don't know if I'll like using them so I don't want to order so much at first. I'm think of making a breakfast smoothie, trying to get in some daily veggies and fruits and thought it would be good to add the seeds as well.

I looked online at Amazon but the orders are so big, like at least 2 bags included in the order. I don't know if I'll like using them so I don't want to order so much at first. I'm think of making a breakfast smoothie, trying to get in some daily veggies and fruits and thought it would be good to add the seeds as well.

Netrition dot com has reasonable prices for low quantities.

I keep mine in the freezer.  It lasts a long time that way.

I buy then in the baking section. They are also in the 'gluten free' section. You can also go to your local co-op or health food store.

I buy "Bob's Red Mill Ground Flax" for my smoothies. I buy a one pound bag for about 7.99 at the store and it last forever. I only use 1 tablespoon in a quart of smoothie. I also add a couple tablespoons to my bread and other baked goods.

If you have a co-op you might be able to buy just a quarter of a pound from the bulk section to see if it is something you would want more of. I do that often with new things