Menu

Lightweight Latin suggestions?

diaperjoys

We need to choose a lightweight Latin curriculum for our 9yo and 7yo to use this upcoming year. The year will be a transition year for us as we pull all the kiddos out of the classical school they are attending and get going again with homeschooling. We'll be busy establishing new routines and looking for ways to be efficient & productive with our school time. So, while I do want the younger crew to begin Latin, I want it to be lightweight, kinda fun, and not grammar intensive. This will be their first official year with Latin. What suggestions do ya'll have?

I second GSWL (because I've never used the other two) and further suggest that you do it orally and, as soon as it makes sense, add in your own review days working up to every other lesson. Use those days to review vocabulary or work on English to Latin translations using previous lessons. We did this and it kept the length of the lessons to about 20 minutes, no fuss no fluff.

• Like 1