Menu

Need book name - discusses how kid's brain gets wired through their early experiences

shawthorne44

There is a book that I pretty sure was recommended on some thread here and I am trying to track it down.  I've even read it twice (from the library)

One of the main thing it discusses is how children's early experiences wire their brains to be optimal for those experiences.  I remember it saying that was why TV was bad for small kids.  

I know this is extremely vague, but I was hoping one of you might recognize it anyway.  It was an excellent book, and I think I will buy it.  

Does your library have any kind of database of book loans?  If so, they could tell you what you've checked out.

(And if they don't, at least I've managed to keep your thread on the main page for a little while longer!)

Huh.

Was this just in general or for abused kids?

There was a really fascinating one about how the early experiences of abused kids shape them -- The boy who was raised as a dog -- but that doesn't sound like precisely what you're looking for.