Menu

Love, love, love, LOVE Writing with Ease....

Wow! Coming from a veteran homeschool mom, that means something. :)
Please share some specifics of what you like. Is it the good selections from children's lit? Are you seeing some figures of speech or other literary elements that you are exposing your kids to? Do share.

I just started using WWE3 with my 5th and 6th grade reluctant writer boys.  We are pretty new to homeschooling and classical ed, and I felt they would benefit from the narration and dictation practice.  We double up and do 2 weeks worth in a week.  We really like the literature selections so far, they like that it only takes 10 minutes, and I am already seeing improvement in their summarizing skills.  Yay!

Wow! Coming from a veteran homeschool mom, that means something. :)

Please share some specifics of what you like. Is it the good selections from children's lit? Are you seeing some figures of speech or other literary elements that you are exposing your kids to? Do share.

It's just a good, solid program.  The classic literature selections are nice, it gives great instruction to the teacher, but there is also room for teacher liberties, I have seen my dd's writing, summarizing, and dictation skills improve by leaps and bounds in a very short time span.  I think the increments are perfect.  I have read on this forum over the years that some think that it goes too slowly, but that is one of the freedoms of homeschooling.  You can speed it up or slow it down.  It is very flexible, yet structured.  There is a need for repetitiveness in teaching writing and grammar.  That is why FLL and WWE seem to do the same things over and over.  They simply increase in depth and breadth.  One almost does not realize it until you get there.

I cannot explain how many papers I have seen written by college students that are horrific!  With my oldest ds we used Writing Strands and while he writes quite well, I would have used WWE and up had it been available.  I know one curriculum is not good for everyone, but I cannot think of a single drawback to this program as of yet.  WWS is yet to be seen, but if it follows the caliber of WWE, I do not think I will be disappointed.

• Like 2