Menu

Historical fiction list to accompany VP - OTAE

Melissa B

I think this may be what you're looking for.  (it's a pdf)

ETA:  I should disclaim that I just googled "veritas press otae book schedule" and that's what came up in the results, so I'm not sure if it's proprietary to the course or not, but it is out there on their website and accessible without purchasing the course.

• Like 1

ETA:  I should disclaim that I just googled "veritas press otae book schedule" and that's what came up in the results, so I'm not sure if it's proprietary to the course or not, but it is out there on their website and accessible without purchasing the course.

Is it the same if you did it from what the cards say, if you were not doing SP?

No.  For example, my first card (Creation) lists several resources like:

Bible

Greenleaf Guide to OT, pg 1

Children's Ill. Bible, pgs. 18,19

Child's Story Bible, Pgs 3, 4

Journey Through the Bible, pgs. 10, 1

Streams of Civ, Vol 1, pgs 10-14

Plus, there is a Level 1 reading list for the SP course that is different than the PDF I found and it is for 2-4th grade, I think.  The pdf I linked shows level 2, by I've had my son do that list because he's an advanced reader.

I've only done the SP course, though, so overall I don't really know how it compares to their regular history program.

• Like 1

No, the books listed on the cards are your primary (non-fiction) resources for teaching/learning.

I use these PDFs each year to keep track of my little man's independent (historical fiction) reading assignments. They can be used by the do-it-yourselfers or the Self-Pacers. There are Level 1 and Level 2 lists, according to one's reading ability/maturity level. They can be found in the VP_Elementary Yahoo group --> Files --> then select which year in the cycle (i.e. OTAE, etc.).

• Like 2

Yes, this is what I was looking for. Thanks!