Menu

Grain-free dog food

wonderchica

For cats, there are significant health risks to being on kibble. They just tend to not drink as much as they need to & many many vets & cat fanciers find the animals do better on wet.

Do you think you could send the memo to my girl?  She refuses to eat anything other than kibble.  She even refuses the good stuff like can chicken or tuna.  Crazy, stubborn cat.  The boys will eventually eat the can stuff, once they get hungry enough and I refuse to give them the kibble but not her....

Stefanie

Do you think you could send the memo to my girl?  She refuses to eat anything other than kibble.  She even refuses the good stuff like can chicken or tuna.  Crazy, stubborn cat.  The boys will eventually eat the can stuff, once they get hungry enough and I refuse to give them the kibble but not her....

Stefanie

Oh, I hear you. Transitioning cats is hard.

Some cats will drink it - if you take a pate & mix it with lots of water to make a watery broth... & you can slowly mess with water proportions.

Some cats will try it if you sprinkle Fortiflora on it. (fortiflora is apparently similar in flavour to what's sprayed on kibble to make it palatable)

Sometimes you have to keep on trying different foods. Have you tried something like Instinct  cans? http://www.instinctpetfood.com/instinct-originals-canned-natural-healthy-foods-pets

(the advantage of having dogs is that when I tried new foods with my cat, I had willing critters who would just happily eat all her leftovers & anything she refused to touch....)

Sometimes you have to keep on trying different foods. Have you tried something like Instinct  cans? http://www.instinctpetfood.com/instinct-originals-canned-natural-healthy-foods-pets

That is one of the foods I used to feed (before I changed because of our store's inability to keep it routinely in stock).  No go.  Slurries are a no go too.  She won't even drink the broth in the tuna/chicken cans.  Stickler she is....and she also forms urine crystals too.....I've learned to let it go.  She's persnickety about a lot of things in general.  Her nickname is a well earned Pretty Grumpy.

Stefanie