Menu

Our last school-less day is just about over...

We spent our Labor day at a friend's home on a lake. My kids got to swim and water-ski and go tubing and finished off by roasting marshmallows. It was a very nice way to finish off our summer. We begin our school year in the morning, and I am supposed to be writing lesson plans...

Guess I'll get moving, now.

Anyone else beginning tomarrow, or am I the last one?

Hmmm. Well, I've been saying all along that we'd be starting tomorrow.

Do I hafta? :tongue_smilie:

The kids have just about finished up their "summer school" materials - LOF Fractions and a German grammar book - and I've got pretty much all my materials ready, and we sat down last week and had a real nice chat about what we'd be covering this year, with what materials, and what the weekly schedule would look like.

Man, is it time to start already??

We have two intertwined coops starting on Friday, one of which I'm teaching, so one way or the other, we'll be taking the plunge this week!

But Weds, it's the not-back-to-school picnic first! :D

All the other extracurriculars start up next week.

You're definitely not the last one! My husband is a grad student, so we tend to follow his class schedule. Classes at the seminary don't start until the middle of September. New student orientation takes place the week before and we usually have some responsibilities related to that, so I figure it is easier to start when the students start.

Good luck with the planning and the first day!

Oh a funny:

Our first day is a science day. DD is doing Sonlight 5 which begins with anatomy and physiology. DsS 4 1/2 is following along as he is able, though I know much of the material goes over his head.

Anyways, he has apparently picked up something because every time he needs to use the bathroom he announces "my bladder is full!" :lol: