Menu

opentostudy.com, anyone?

We're taking a 4 week chemistry class through them. It's giving us a nice overview but without more exercises we'll never remember all the details. It's been nice as a light introduction to chemistry. We've enjoyed it. My goal was for my 7th grader to have exposure to chemistry before taking an official high school chemistry class in a couple of years. I want the terms and basics of it rattling around in his brain before he has to buckle down and delve into it for grades.

I didn't realize they offered anything other than chemistry. I'm going to pop over to the website and see what other classes are there.

Nearly watched all of my videos and it's been pretty good. My only issue is that it's not in depth enough, but I guess they only meant to present a taster course, not a full course of study.

There a lots of topics, though. I only have time to do one at a time but I'll probably choose another one after this one.

I agree, they aren't in-depth, but they are great introductions, and I nice way for kids (and us) to check out something they might be interested in without making a long-term commitment.  Shannon learned a lot from Human Anthropology and I'm going to have her do Chemistry at some point during 8th grade, before we get into Biology for reals.