Menu

TOG's Literature Studies for Young Adults

I just got my TOG newsletter.  They are introducing this new literature studies program utilizing the literary selections in the TOG program and incorporating a literary toolbox, discussion, and worldview components into a separate program.  According to the description, this program can be used independently from TOG.  It is designed for grades 6-9 and will help Dialectic students get ready for more in-depth high school literary analysis. 

They only have the first book in the series completed: The Ancients.  Depending upon the response, the other time periods will follow.  Samples are provided on their website.

I get the sense that this would be the Y1 Literature studies that are already in the main curriculum, right? Just for those who want to focus on the lit and not have all the history, teachers notes, etc., although I'm sure there are snippets of that in the Lit studies.

I don't think so.  To me the samples look much more involved, more in-depth, than what I remember from my year-plan.  I wish I had my TOG stuff with me so that I could compare side-by-side.