Menu

Accountability Thread 2/1-2/7

Really rough morning here… everyone out on the wrong side of the bed.    :sneaky2:   Ds7 is doing artwork now, which hopefully will soothe his frazzled spirit, and I think tea and a read-aloud might help after chores.  We just really need to snap out of this collective sour mood!  I took a break a minute ago to read "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" to Dd 2 on the potty.  LOVE that book (especially because, now as an adult, I understand how the mom's having an equally bad day!).  Just the therapy we needed this morning.  Cathartic.

Tawlas --  Fabulous suggestions. Thanks!  Currently our two littlest ones are divided for their nap time into our only two bedrooms because Dd  2 can't settle down well in her "big girl bed" during the day, so she uses the crib for nap time.  But maybe, for as long as the baby can still use the bassinet in my room, DS7 and baby can share my room.  We tried a rest time late yesterday afternoon, and DS7 did in fact fall asleep.  I'd forgotten, though, how awful he feels when he wakes from a daytime nap. (pretty ugly stuff). So I may need to shift things around to early afternoon and see if that helps. Just not sure yet how our school routines will fall into place around this.  

Got to get back to the savages now….

I'm so glad today is over, not because school was hard, but because I feel horrible! Oh the sinus ache!! Today was in fact a nice ending to a pretty good week, it seems that my Ds has grasped fractions. There are no words to describe how excited I am! Phonics and everything else is coming along just fine, there were no tears and once again we had a really good latin day. My dh has a lot of riding planned for this weekend because it's going to be warm, but me thinks I am going to have to sit out and get myself better first. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Sorry you feel bad mama25 :(

Lotsoflittleducklings- I had the same issue here with naps and beds. All of mine are to the point now where they do better without a nap, even dd2. If she naps then she isn't ready for bed on time. Now, dd1 took naps for a long time but ds and dd3 were both done around 2, dd2 was about 4. 

We had a good end to the week. Ds did the first CLE lesson and it went well, I think he will actually be able to do some on his own, I'm not sure how much of that is the program and how much is maturity or such but that is a positive in my book. 

We did our first religion lessons on our own (the kids were taking classes) and it went surprisingly well, I had used the books a few years before and remembered being a bit meh about it but it was easy to do and seemed worthwhile. Dd did a lesson in LoE D and it went so much better than when we last attempted it, perhaps she just needed some time and practice reading. I had only planned on doing 1/2 a lesson but she actually completed the whole lesson without much difficulty, I'm very pleased with that. 

Otherwise Friday was a bit lazy, I've been a bit unmotivated this week as it is but with so little sleep I was even more so. Today we had an outing and got to see a Bald and Golden Eagle up close and listen to a nice presentation. We also visited a new nature center and took a hike where we got to see more bald eagles, it was a great day and a great way to end the week. 

I'm looking forward to next week and am hoping LoE-D continues to work for dd and CLE Math for ds. Ds said he wanted a break from BA on Friday so we'll see how he wants to do it next week, we might just do CLE for awhile. Next week we also have a hs event, a skating party, so that is always very much enjoyed. Ds and dh also have an over-nighter at a cabin for Scouts next weekend, so they are going to be having a blast with that.

On the bad news front, you know how I said I thought we were done with visits, well I need to do some general well kid checks for the kids and a physical for ds (for camp), so here's hoping I can get them done together and then really be done.

Ugh..

I got sick, the realtor called and we have another showing tomorrow (good, but I feel so bad!)

It is really tough for me to homeschool and be in the whole getting- ready- to- move process. We have done it so much, yet it is not getting easier.

Decided to simplify dd's plans for this year, which I think will help immensely. We only accomplished two of the five days I had scheduled for the week.

I really appreciate reading about everyone else's week. It is uplifting. : )