Menu

Favorite spine for Modern?

My dd is using America: A Narrative History by Tindall for Early Modern this year (along with some readings from Spielvogel's WC). We could continue with this combo for next year for Modern history, but I think the volume of reading might be too much. So what's your favorite spine for Modern?

Thanks!

Favorite? IDK, but I do like the Duker 20th century World History text more than others I've seen. I'm sure someone here recommend it, but I can't remember who. It's thin, 16 chapters, so you could do it in a semester with a good reader or spread out over a year and expand activities. 

You could pair it with selections from primary sources from a text like Sources of the Western Tradition. We're using parts of these source books in my college class and I like how they highlight the important sections of the sources if you don't have time/ability to read them in full.

Literature could be focused in many ways if you want to tie it to history. 

Add in some movies or documentaries and you could have a full year of modern history.