Menu

College of the Ozarks aka Hard Work U

BlsdMama

Dh's cousin graduated from there. I had a cousin that attended there but left after a year. We live less than an hour away and I know quite a few people who have gone/graduated from College of the Ozarks. Do you have any specific questions? 

Because of work schedules, students can't go home very often and for some that is a problem. It is VERY difficult to get in. They have a single digit acceptance rate. Kids tend to love it or hate it. Either they find a place and a job they are happy with and settle in and thrive or it is horrible and they bolt. I don't think I have ever known anyone to have a moderate opinion of the place. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know the financial criteria for College of the Ozarks?  How low must a family's income be to be considered?

There is no max. From their website:

"Ninety percent of each entering class must demonstrate financial need. For only ten percent of each entering class, the financial need requirement is waived."

Most of the families I've known with kids who have gone there have two working parents and probably typical median household incomes. Most, but certainly not all, have one parent in ministry. I have one friend whose daughter was rejected after they accused her of lying about their income. They were self-supported missionaries living in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and they really were able to live on that small of an income there, so showing extreme need doesn't necessarily help either  :mellow: .