Menu

NovaSure experience?

Scrub Jay

I had it done.  Two things to know:

1) it is not 100%, but can greatly reduce your flow. I would say mine decreased by about 60%

2) You cannot have a child once you have it done. Technically, you could still get pregnant, but would almost certainly miscarry. For this reason, my OB won't do it unless you have tubal ligation at the same time or have a sterilized partner.

In retrospect, I wish I would just have gone ahead and had the hysterectomy.

I had it done several years ago. I went a few years with no period at all, but lately, I've been having spotting about every 2 weeks. By spotting, I mean so light it just shows up on the TP (sorry if TMI). I'm close to 50 so I'm wondering if the spotting is related to being close to menopause. Anyway, it's true about getting pregnant. My ob said that the baby can implant too deeply in the uterus and bleeding out can be a very serious issue. So, you have to be sure you want no other children.

Procedure was done as an out patient in the hospital. Took a few seconds and I was home in a few hours. I was put under general anesthesia. Recovery was fast. They did it on a Friday and I was back to work on Monday with no issues. Overall, I'm thrilled I had it done. I was having cycles so heavy that I couldn't leave the house for 3 days.