Menu

(crossposted) Biblioplan or Catholic Textbook Projects

I like that Biblioplan focuses more on various parts of the world, rather than being Western Centric. I like that it includes literature. And lots of mapping. Etc. 

But we are Catholic, and did enjoy "Sea to Shining Sea" last year, from Catholic Textbook Project. We are looking to switch after Christmas from what we are using (public school stuff) and would do All Ye Lands this year. It looks do able in a Semester, from what I can see, at a chapter a week. But, the level looks pretty easy for a 9th grader. 

Anyone familiar with either/both and want to chime in? I'd get the total Advanced Bundle if I did Biblioplan, with the tests, maps, cool histories, etc. I'd get the text, teacher guide, and workbook if I did All Ye Lands. 

Yeah - All Ye Lands would be pretty light for a 9th grader. I believe it was meant for 6th or 7th grade?

In general sticking with CSTP would be a great plan, but All Ye Lands is meant to be geography, I believe, while the upper books were meant as World History. The TMs DO include literature recommendations and essay prompts.

I think Biblioplan is a pretty protestant program, no? I would be hesitant to use it only because I'm not one to reinvent the wheel when there are better options.

I assume you've looked at RC history? It has tons of literature and mapping.