Menu

Any good bible studies out their for my 2nd and 3rd grader?

I was looking at this one yesterday from Classical Academic Press. I like their Latin for Children and this looks pretty good upon first glance. Just thought I'd throw that out there for you to see...

http://www.classicalacademicpress.com/bfc_primers.html

My 2nd grader is using Explorer's Bible Study, but I don't think we will continue with it next year so I'm looking around as well.

HTH,

Tiffany

ds7, dd6, ds4, dd2, ds1

Have you looked into CBS (Community Bible Study)? It is for women (mostly) and they have a homeschool program. There are daily lessons for you - in the homeschool program, they do the same reading as you do with age appropriate questions. Meets for two hours one day a week. We are starting our 2nd full year next week. I would read the sections to my dd6 and she would tell me the answer, i'd write it on the board and try and answer my questions while she was copying. She liked it also.

Oh, totally check out Calvary Chapel's online Bible curriculum. You can print out lessons for your dc, and it tells you exactly what to do. It's easy, it's not overwhelming for you or them, and there's no prep, other than printing out.

As you become more comfortable, you can look at other options.

I'd recommend going through it chronologically. You can skip lessons, if you'd prefer, for whatever reason. If you look closely, you'll see a link above the list for New Testament too.

Hi. I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly in a Bible curriculum but the Bible and Nurture series is actually the reading curriculum from Rod & Staff for grades 1-4. You could easily begin in Grade 2 for both of your children as it begins with Genesis. All the stories come from the Bible and covers both testaments. It's a great intro to Bible Studies for these young grades but what's really cool is that you can knock out reading and phonics at the same time. The workbooks are wonderful!

--Mari