Menu

Good blow dryer and diffuser

plansrme

I dragged both of my girls to get hair cuts  this weekend, and I could have hugged the stylist who cut my oldest's naturally-wavy hair.  Stylists always straighten it, but this dude put in some fancy curl enhancer (which I bought on the way out), pulled out a diffuser, and made it awesomely curly.  It was gorgeous!  So I know the Chi is the "it" brand for a straightener, which both girls have, but would you believe my oldest does not own a blow dryer?  Yeah, I know--grave oversight on my part.  So, what blow dryer and, more importantly, perhaps, diffuser, should I look for?

I am bumping this up for you. I have curly hair too and would like to see what is recommended.

Well thank you!  I may just go back by the salon--I am sure they would be happy to $ell me one.  They insisted that it was vital that she use two different products.  One was a curl enhancer by Aveda, and the other was Aveda's style enhancer for curly hair.  I only bought the first one, because I am skeptical about the use of two products and figured the real secret was the diffuser.  Her hair really looked fabulous.  Curly hair fascinates me, as I have none.  My hair actually seems to actively resist curl.  The Eighties was a tough decade for me and my hair.

I just bought a conair something from walmart with a diffuser that was around $30 (and it's orange in a black box). I like it. I've never used a diffuser before either and I'm amazed at the improvement in my wavy hair!

So you don't think a top-of-the-line diffuser is critical?  That would be a good answer.  

IM sure others have a different opinion, but I have the cheapest blow dryer ever, and it had a cheap diffuser with it. When I use it, the results are GREAT! When I use the minimal amout of right product, it turns out AMAZING.

BUT, the right technique needs to be used with the blow dryer. You have to place bits of hair in it and smoosh it up to your head and NOT MOVE IT EVER.