Menu

Georgia Virtual Learning- is this free?

I am trying to find a free Spanish 2 and 3 course for my son. I just found Georgia Virtual Learning for the first time and need to know if it's too good to be true? I looked at the first few lessons of Spanish 2 and it seemed free, but I wasn't sure if it would eventually make me pay or it would only work if I  live in GA? I saw something about needing a code...so I'm confused.

Also, do I need any kind of book for the Spanish? Or is everything self contained on the site?

Can someone catch me up on this website? And is there anything else out there that is FREE for Spanish 2 and 3?

I considered using this site in the past.  I ended up NOT using it because often there are outside links that are broken or you have to have a subscription to Discovery Channel Learning (or whatever it's called).  I found this for the Lit and History courses anyway.

I don't think there is a fee to use what's there.  There is not a teacher section for answers, although some of the online quizzes and whatnot are self-grading. 

I need something for Spanish 2 as well and this seemed like a possibility at one point...still looking.  I might need to reconsider and just work around the non-accessible parts.

Hope someone has more answers.

Robin

listening on this too..

I know that Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool has a Spanish 2 that is free and uses parts of the GA Virtual Learning.  Maybe that would help?

http://allinonehighschool.com/full-curriculum/spanish/spanish-2-2/

I haven't used it to know how well it works for grading/quizzes etc.   planned on trying it in the next few months.