Menu

Presidents: Which book would you read?

Trivium Academy

Which President book would you read (for information) as to not bore an 8yo?  

1. 1. Which President book would you read (for information) as to not bore an 8yo?

• Lives of the Presidents by Kathleen Krull
    • Our Country's Presidents
    • Yo! Millard Fillmore
    • Assign independent reading with leveled readers
    • No reading, just present a verbal narration about each President

I didn't vote because I cant decide between 2 of the choices. Yo Filmore and reading at age level. Both are suitable for the age.... but the Yo Filmore would be short and sweet... so... I guess after typing this out I would go for short fun facts....

My new school year motto: "Keep it simple sweetie" This is something I need to remember....

Edit: Ok I voted... yo Filmore

I've got Yo, Millard Fillmore! on loan from the library and ds9 & ds7 are begging me to buy it. They can't wait for the daily president, and are bummed when we don't add a new one. I can't say they were this excited when I was just using flashcards :tongue_smilie:.

We're starting a President project this year, a card for each one and I have a few books that I could read from but since dd is 8, I don't want to bog her down with a lot of dry facts.

I have the Our Countries Presidents book, and it works fine. Short and sweet. But for the rest of our study I think I will be buying the Get to Know Your US Presidents series, because my kids LOVE them. At least they love the composer versions.

Heather

p.s. They have both real pictures and cartoons.