Menu

I'm stuck on couch...stuck in bed....

Reflections

:lol: and  :grouphug:

Thank you!

I'm just so bored ... and I'm at that bored adhd stage, iykwim.  Nothing much is keeping my attention and everything is annoying if I have to do it/watch it/ read it/ listen to it for too long.  

And I if I were to guess, I'd say the kids feel the same way.

I've got a subchorionic bleed - to save you from googling - it's where the baby is trying to form a placenta and attach to the wall and there's this pocket of blood and I'm supposed to take it easy until I see my doctor Thursday... specific instructions were: stay off feet until next visit.

Sorry to unload. 

I had a subchorionic hematoma and pelvic rest/bed rest for about ten weeks this pregnancy. It was less than fun, but I discovered that keeping up with heavy school kept the kids out of trouble. I just had them fetch their stuff and bring it over to me, sitting down, instead of me getting up. Laying in bed really killed my back, as did the couch, but it didn't exacerbate the bleeding to be parked in a chair instead of semi-reclined.

Everything is fine now, but it was frustrating at the time and my kids were indeed bored if I tried to modify the schedule. So keeping them busy actually gave us less problems and me more rest than any other option :)

I'm trying to get them to go outside to burn off some of the extra energy..but they just won't do it.  I get that's it cold, but that's what the winter gear is for!  

I was really sick up until about two weeks ago, when I got hit with this last week.  So I really want to increase their workload, but I can't get them to cooperate without me having a melt down.  And for the past however long weeks I just haven't wanted to even try.  I didn't have the energy or the will.  

How's your iron?  Mine was 11.8 and then fell to 10.8 even though I changed my prenatals and went on floradix. I can't help but think that sch had something to do with it.

It's hard to stay down but you can do it! Whats a little if a tree farts in the woods talk? :D

I'm okay with some farting tree talk...just not the arguments over it.

But yes, tell me, if a tree farts in the woods, does anyone hear it... or better yet, smell it?  Oi! Can you tell I'm surrounded by little men?

This morning my DC were arguing over whether I should have gotten a Mercedes or a Porsche rather than the "boring" SUV I bought  :huh: I pointed out that neither they nor their friends nor their swim gear would have been allowed in such a car (presuming I could afford and wanted one).

This morning my DC were arguing over whether I should have gotten a Mercedes or a Porsche rather than the "boring" SUV I bought  :huh: I pointed out that neither they nor their friends nor their swim gear would have been allowed in such a car (presuming I could afford and wanted one).

Hmmmmm (taps chin)  Tell them that I think that you should have gone with an Audi, much less popular luxury import.  Set the trend, don't follow it.    :lol:

My iron is persistently low, but it has been even in the pregnancies I don't bleed. You may look into desiccated liver capsules instead of floradix, it's way less expensive and you may absorb it better, too :)

Your shorter temper? That might be iron. I am so run down with my iron issues (it's decent in my bloodstream - 11 or so, but my ferritin is only 4) that it exacerbates the mommy patience issues during school quite badly. My thyroid had some issues as well, but the iron was not helping anything!

Thanks!  I'll look into that. :)