Menu

New posters/1st or 2nd year homeschoolers...

Colleen in NS

...to see the varied perspectives, gain insight, and learn about different curricula. It's wonderful to meet some people who seem to be kindred spirits. What a blessing!

The only pitfall that I have run into is that it sometimes causes me to second guess myself. It's a fine thing to examine one's choices and be open to different ideas, but I do find that I can spin my wheels and get anxious. Then I pray...

Not really a new poster (been around the WTM boards here and there for about 3 years) but only 2nd year homeschooler, so I'll take your message! ;)

This is such a wonderfully diverse, yet supportive of each other forum. None other like it. :D

And I'll echo Nancy...while as I said, the diversity is wonderful, it is nice to find a few kindred spirits as well.

Half of what I'd like to talk about to people would make them look at me and think "weirdo". I grew up being called weirdo, freak, mental etc and there is so much in mind I just keep quiet about. Granted I'm certainly not "letting it all hang out" here, but there is one slice of the pie I can put out on the plate and not be thought of as a snob or a "brain" (say in a nasty whiney voice) or an oddball. I feel that even though I'm a minority here (secular humanist, breadwinner of the family) I can ask about how much religious content in a book, e.g. and people who believe I have the right and ability to do what's best for my kid will help me.