Menu

Health foodies: Do you have a favorite sweet indulgence with "no added sugar"?

TwoEdgedSword

I like to experiment with yummy sweet, but "no added sugar" snacks. Trying to maintain a no added sugar diet here. I just combined Lilly chocolate, which is sweetened with stevia, with Sunbutter.

It was so yummy!

My daughter likes to combine chopped dates with sunflower seeds, cashew butter and coconut and rolls them into snack balls.

Any other favs out there?

Dates are very carby, but yummy! They are good filled with cream cheese. Didn't I heat something about dates wrapped in bacon here recently?!

I love dried apricots. I hide them in the back of the pantry because my kids love them too! Yummy with a handful of roasted almonds.

I do something similar to your daughter, it is my absolute favourite snack.  3 parts pitted dates, 2 parts almonds, 1 part cashews (or another nut or more almonds I guess).  Zest and juice 3 limes.  Blend nuts and transfer to a bowl.  Blend pitted dates with juice and zest.  Then add the blended nuts.  Once desired consistency is achieved, roll into balls.  I like to coat with fresh shredded coconut, but that is hard to find in some places.  It ends up tasting like a key lime pie.  My whole family loves them.