Menu

Comfort zone

ChristyB in TN

I will be turning 46 soon! I have so many emotions about this date, I am mostly grateful I made it this far. The way I behaved as a teenager, I probably shouldn't have made it to 20! I started homeschooling in 1999 or 2000, I can't remember. Those years were all work, diapers, figuring out who we wanted to be...that dates and even milestones are a blur. Now I have one still at home and homeschooling and I work ALL the time. I love what I do and I get to constantly use all the creativity I can conjure to make myself and my business more successful. I get to work my incredible husband, our oldest son and some of the brightest and most talented people I've ever met. I love my life.

However, I'm not done conjuring and recreating. I have exactly 3 more directions I am chomping at the bit to attempt. My new hurdle is actually getting over myself so I can do all those things! I am officially stepping outside of my comfort zone where it is cozy and warm and jumping headfirst into everything I want to do. I don't have the money, the time or the courage but I'm doing all of it anyway. My blog has been anonymous to everyone who knows me in real life so I am officially going public. I created a My Wild Vegan Ways Facebook page a long time ago and have not been able to scrape up enough gumption to go live with it. I have no freaking idea why I would ever be afraid of anyone laughing at me, but for some reason I have been. That's officially over, my real life friends and acquaintances and even scarier, extended family, can now know who I really am and for some reason am not afraid to reveal to you all, a vegan blogger and beer brewer. Please join me on Facebook and my blog, I'd love the support. 

Next? I'm writing, writing, writing... I will let you know when I get the courage to share.

After that? I want a micro brewery. Yeah, we'll see. 

Anybody stepping out of their comfort zone? Need some encouragement?  :001_smile:

Good luck!  It sounds like a bit of fun and you sound perfect for the job!  I'm not on FB either, so a like here will have to suffice.

I've had to seriously step out of my comfort zone this past year to more or less deal with medical stuff.  Yours sounds like MUCH more fun.  I'd prefer to melt back into my comfort zone.  I do try to do that actually - it just hasn't worked (yet).   :lol:

I graduated my youngest in June, and realized I needed to return to the workforce (after 21 yrs away) to help pay for college for both my girls, but because of some health issues couldn't figure out a job that I could do.  

Soooooo, I decided to launch an online children's clothing boutique. I have been consumed (and sometimes overwhelmed!) with the details of starting a small business..  There's been lots of time spent developing patterns, and sewing, sewing, sewing.  I'm busier than I have been in a long time, but most days I'm excited to see where this is going to go.  :001_smile: I'm planning to open my etsy shop the first week of Nov. 

Good luck in your endeavors!  :thumbup:

That's freaking awesome!!!

I graduated my youngest in June, and realized I needed to return to the workforce (after 21 yrs away) to help pay for college for both my girls, but because of some health issues couldn't figure out a job that I could do.

Soooooo, I decided to launch an online children's clothing boutique. I have been consumed (and sometimes overwhelmed!) with the details of starting a small business.. There's been lots of time spent developing patterns, and sewing, sewing, sewing. I'm busier than I have been in a long time, but most days I'm excited to see where this is going to go. :001_smile: I'm planning to open my etsy shop the first week of Nov.

Good luck in your endeavors! :thumbup: