Menu

Does anyone sell a higher quality lined paper... Updated!

Any 90 gram paper would be yummy...but also expensive. I think that Clairefontaine makes 90 gram writing pads.

Probably an 80 gram paper would be an improvement over what you have, and not as pricey as 90 gram.

I am sorry that I don't have something more specific to suggest.

ETA link to weight conversions. This site also reminds one that individual sheet thickness is also a factor.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/pounds-to-gsm-conversion-chart.html

Any 90 gram paper would be yummy...but also expensive. I think that Clairefontaine makes 90 gram writing pads.

Probably an 80 gram paper would be an improvement over what you have, and not as pricey as 90 gram.

I am sorry that I don't have something more specific to suggest.

ETA link to weight conversions. This site also reminds one that individual sheet thickness is also a factor.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/pounds-to-gsm-conversion-chart.html

Thanks Penguin! This was a good jump start. Why is this such a pain to sort out?? It seems Clairefontaine doesn't hole punch for American three ring binders. Now I'm going through Rhodia's products. This is great because my kids also use fountain and calligraphy pens, so I can see this paper meeting many of our needs. 

The daughter who's been complaining about paper is very sensitive and aware of the quality of all things. 

I can see her now, closing her eyes and touching the new paper. She'll be all "Aaaahhh!!! That's better!" :)

Okay, Paradise Pen carries Rhodia Paper. It's hole punched, lined, perforated at the top of the pad, and I think $10 for an 80 pg pad. They're holding a few different pads for me. I'll update later. :)

If it's a bust, I'll head over to Staples this weekend to pick up Mamaraby and Suzanne's recommendations. 

Thanks!

We use Ampad Envirotec filler paper.  My main concern was getting paper that was recycled using 100% post-consumer waste.  This is the only brand that I could find that fit that description.  Most papers are recycled using only 30% - 50% post-consumer waste  As a bonus, the paper is much more substantial and has a better feel than the typical .99 junk paper. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, we're ready to update. :)

She loves the Rhoda paper. Yay!!

It's coil bound on top, no margins

She says: It takes a few days to start noticing the difference. It's much softer, not as waxy. It's not thick thick, but it's thicker than ordinary and has a nice feel/weight. It's durable. It's not plastic-y feeling. The paper is a little longer than normal. It erases pretty good, it doesn't seem to smudge as bad. Bleeding isn't as bad with pens either .

Overall, she loves it. It's a better quality and she prefers it to all the other paper we've tried.

Hope that helps someone out there. :)

I like that its coiled on top. Because she's a professional paper loser ;) , we've decided to keep everything in there. At the end of the year we'll pull it all out and store it away. It's cured a lot of frustration on everyones part. 

That's a great idea!  You can do all the subjects in one book (that can expand to two or three books. . . ) and then just sort it out at the end of the year.  I never thought of that!  I love composition books here for that very same idea only we keep one per subject with graph paper comp book for math.   We have gone to using loose leaf paper for a lot of our writing which means using the dreaded three ring binder.