Menu

My son who hates math just rocked his first algebra test

We opted to do Jacobs algebra with the Callahan videos.  He's 12..going on 13 this Dec...in 7th grade.  He has always hated school.  Drags our days out due to his slow pace at everything in life.  I am seriously considering only co-op or online classes next year for him so I can let him whine to someone else about the work.  

Then he takes the first test for Jacobs and makes a 97%.  I followed their recommendation to do it over 2 days.  And at his normal slow pace that was just right.  I was firm about not helping at all.  And he did it!!!!!  He literally watches the videos and works through the problem sets from the callahan syllabus but I have very little input at all.  This is his thing.  I only help when he can't solve a problem from the homework. 

I hope this builds his confidence.  And now I feel like we made the right choice in going ahead with algebra.  It make take more than a year to complete this course, but he does get it.  And understands it.  He just needs his own slow pace in order to do it.  :-)  Happy mom moment here today.