Menu

What are some fun things for elementary "PE"?

rafiki

We also have to stay indoors for most of our active time. My boys like the scooter boards. Some other things we've done: I set up obstacle courses for them and time them with a stopwatch. We play "volleyball" with balloons. I bought some stilt like things from Rainbow resource. They look like animal feet with claws. The kids put their feet on the stilt part and hang onto a cord that is attached and try to walk around. I also bought some little books from RR called "Beyond the Gym." We have fun doing the challenges in these once in a while. These books focus on motor skills, etc. We have a mini-trampoline that is good for getting their heart rates up. We dance. There are other things, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

We go roller skating once a month with our hs group. My DSs' are joining a speed skating team, roller, and it will be every Sunday. It's for kids ages 4 - 94. Our group also does ice skating, and bowling, each at least once/month. It is a nice change of pace.

My youngest is on a hs swim team (no meets though, just practices) and they swim 2x daily.

We also have dogs that need to be walked 2x daily.

Here is a link to what we have...

http://www.trampolineusa.com/6trtotma.html

Our boys really like it!

KIN,

Do they have to go one at a time? Can they sit and stand bounce? Any other tricks? We have an outdoor trampoline, but may have to move to a place where we can't have one. Our kids LOVE our trampoline so I'm curious how this 14" from the ground one compares.

TIA