Menu

Print on Demand for Augsburg Drawing?

I have had books printed by the Harvard Bookstore before, but it looks like they are not taking orders at this moment. I would imagine that the quality of the books would be the same no matter where the books were printed (it looks like a similar machine is used in all the bookstores listed on the print on demand page), so I would go with the least expensive option.

I've used Best Value Copy to print before. They have decent rates, but I think that printing in color would bring the price up fairly quickly ($0.09/page color, plus extra for binding and shipping). Could you print the b+w pages as one job ($0.025/page), the color pages as another, and then put them together by hand and have a local place bind the book for you? Looking at volume 1, there are only 4 color pages, so that would be a lot cheaper to do it that way. You could probably just put them at the end as an appendix to refer to when doing the crayon painting lessons.

Who else does this? Is there a company that has reasonable printing and shipping fees?

If you go to the Google Books page for the books you linked, one of the options on the left side of the page is Get in Print. Select that, then select On Demand Books. If I were to do that for Book 1, this is the page I would get. I checked out several of the different options, and it looks like right now the cheapest one would be Schuler Books, Inc. They are offering Media Mail shipping for only $1, which is far cheaper than the other book stores on the page - some were as high as $10. That would make it $11/book, including shipping.

ETA: The same book uploaded to Staples to be printed and bound with a coil binding and a clear plastic cover (so it isn't a sheaf of loose papers, lol) is $12.59 before shipping and with the same binding at OfficeMax is $14.76. The On Demand Books version will have a traditional book cover and binding.