Menu

FLL/WWE- Which items do I need?

BusyMom5

After looking at lots of different options, I think my 4th grader would like the WWE/FLL combo.  She wants something she can write in like a workbook, and something w/ cleaner pages.  She's looked at all the samples on-line, and this was her choice.  Now I'm not sure which items I need to order.  Do I need the teacher guides for each one, or do they work together?  I am considering just getting the PDF downloads for the worksheets- is this a good idea?

For WWE you need the level workbook OR the instructors guide. The workbook is open and go but the instructors guide covers all 4 years and allows you to select your own books. For FLL you need just the manual for level 1 and 2 and the manual and workbook for 3 and 4. Work through the end of year assessments before buying as it would be difficult to jump into level 4 of WWE and it is an optional extra year anyway.

With WWE I use the pdf on my kindle and have the kids write in a notebook.

If you do buy the workbooks for WWE, they come with permission to copy for use by your other kids (not for people outside the immediate family).  I like the ease of handing my dd the day's page - open and go! 

FLL has a list of small required items at the beginning of the books, such as a calendar, some envelopes, etc.

Both have been very easy for me to use so far.  We are on FLL 2 and WWE 2.

For WWE you need the level workbook OR the instructors guide. The workbook is open and go but the instructors guide covers all 4 years and allows you to select your own books. For FLL you need just the manual for level 1 and 2 and the manual and workbook for 3 and 4. Work through the end of year assessments before buying as it would be difficult to jump into level 4 of WWE and it is an optional extra year anyway.

With WWE I use the pdf on my kindle and have the kids write in a notebook.

So for WWE level 2 all I would need is the workbook? I'm getting ready to order in the next day or two and I want to make sure I get what I need. I'd hate to order both the teacher guide and the workbook if both aren't necessary.

So for WWE level 2 all I would need is the workbook? I'm getting ready to order in the next day or two and I want to make sure I get what I need. I'd hate to order both the teacher guide and the workbook if both aren't necessary.

Correct. One or the other. The workbook is open and go, to use the manual you would need to pick all the reading selections.

After looking at lots of different options, I think my 4th grader would like the WWE/FLL combo. She wants something she can write in like a workbook, and something w/ cleaner pages. She's looked at all the samples on-line, and this was her choice. Now I'm not sure which items I need to order. Do I need the teacher guides for each one, or do they work together? I am considering just getting the PDF downloads for the worksheets- is this a good idea?

If you haven't used the program before I would get WWE3. Level 4 us a step up in difficulty, and even SWB says level 4 is not necessary for all students. FLL probably doesn't matter as much, 3 vs 4.

If you haven't used the program before I would get WWE3. Level 4 us a step up in difficulty, and even SWB says level 4 is not necessary for all students. FLL probably doesn't matter as much, 3 vs 4.

And check that the child could do the end of WWE2 assessment on the web site.