Menu

Mythbusters

Night Elf

We just watched a new episode of Mythbusters and Jamie and Adam announced at the end of the show that the build team, Kari, Tori and Grant, will not be returning next season. They are going back to the way the show started out. That kind of bums me out. I wish I knew why they made that decision.

I read an article that suggested they were running out of myths to bust. Scaling it back down to one team will apparently slow things down and keep the show on the air longer.

FWIW, my young people are disappointed. Especially my dd who sees them losing the female component of the show.

To tell you the truth, I found Tory and Kari somewhat annoying.  I felt that Kari was there for eye candy and Tory was just the "let's blow stuff up, dude" factor.  Neither of them seemed to care about or really understand the science behind what they were trying to do.  I really liked Grant though.  He seemed smart and fun.  I want to go build some robots with him. 

Grant got a much higher paid position on a sci fi tv. series that either debuts this season or next.

Kari is going on the road. She will be doing a presentation at Alma College on the 13th. We've been trying for two weeks to get seats. I'm rather miffed with the college because they do not have online tickets sales, the box office is only open M-F from 1-4 p.m., and they never answer their phones. We've left message, after message, after message, and they do not return the call. I don't know how they sell tickets. But, I've wondered if they are sold out already and are to lazy to call people back and say so. It's frustrating, Neil de Grasse is going to be there in May and those tickets are already sold out. They do have a message on their answering machine that alerts you to this when you call. So if Kari Byron was also sold out, why not leave that message too? It's making me a little nuts.

I also heard that they had some trouble with insurance and investors after the canon ball through the residential house incident in which thankfully the owners were not home. Speculation is that this caused budget cuts, and they can't afford the other three team members. Chances are though, it's a variety of issues.

I have no idea. I guess you'd have to google. We are on Alma's mailing list which is why we received an email for the event. We've been trying ever since tickets went on sale to buy them and not one time has anyone ever answered the phone. They are only $10.00 each. A steal! So I'm very motivated.

When Jamie and Adam came to the Fox Theater in Detroit about 18 months ago (I think, but I'm fuzzy....maybe it has been two years) tickets were about $50.00 each which priced them completely out for most families.