Menu

SOTW Timeline Question

kagmypts

For those of you using SOTW, what do you use as a timeline program?  We just started using SOTW 1, which my DS absolutely loves, but I am not seeing a timeline program.  We have the activity guide as well.  Am I missing it?  If not, what do you recommend?  Thank you!

While you don't have to do a timeline for elementary, if you are interested in one you can certainly do it. Sonlight cores G & H use SOTW so they have timeline figures you can purchase to fit with SOTW. Also there is a yahoo group "Hannah_hs_helps" that has files for memorization cards and timeline figures to go with SOTW that you can print out.

I use our homemade timeline for the wall with all of my kids. My youngest one particularly enjoys coloring and placing the figures. I have directions on my blog on our Classroom/Wall Timeline Page. Scroll to the bottom to see how we made it.... Fairly simple if you have the space, even if it's in one of the kids' bedroom!

We used SOTW in the younger years, but I didn't start doing a timeline with my children until logic stage. I believe that is what TWTM recommends as younger children's minds just don't work that way.

Thank you!

While you don't have to do a timeline for elementary, if you are interested in one you can certainly do it. Sonlight cores G & H use SOTW so they have timeline figures you can purchase to fit with SOTW. Also there is a yahoo group "Hannah_hs_helps" that has files for memorization cards and timeline figures to go with SOTW that you can print out.

I cannot find the timeline figures.  Do you know what the file is called?  Thank you.

I use our homemade timeline for the wall with all of my kids. My youngest one particularly enjoys coloring and placing the figures. I have directions on my blog on our Classroom/Wall Timeline Page. Scroll to the bottom to see how we made it.... Fairly simple if you have the space, even if it's in one of the kids' bedroom!

Thank you!  Do you have a link to your actual figures?

For Hannah's  start here.  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Hannah_hs_helps/files/HISTORY/     Then look for timeline cards under SOTW1, etc. or some are listed under ancient, medieval, early modern, etc.  

And wasn't there another mother here who made big half page cards for a wall timeline?  I'll see if I can find that one too.