Menu

Great book for foster parents and teens about a teenage foster girl

Ottakee

The book, IN BETWEEN by Jenny B Jones (free kindle version right now) is a great fiction book about a 16 year old girl who is placed into foster care and how she acts/reacts and her thinking behind these things.  Even though it is a work of fiction is is a great "look see" into the mind of a foster teen.  We have been foster parents for almost 20 years and about 110 kids ages 2 days through 17 years old and I would say the book really hits the mark for some of the teens we have had.  Yes, it is a bit far fetched in some areas but as told by the girl I can easily see a 16 year old telling the story just like that.

If someone can link the book, that would be great as I can't.  I am going to suggest it as a great read for other foster parents at our agency.

YES.  That is it.  For some reason I can not get any links to post for me on this forum.

It is a good read for any teen or adult.  Clean and easy reading but hits a difficult topic.  Might be very helpful for teens to read and discuss as even if they aren't in that situation themselves it can help understand why some teens might act the way they do and the fear and uncertainty that permeates their lives.

YES.  That is it.  For some reason I can not get any links to post for me on this forum.

It is a good read for any teen or adult.  Clean and easy reading but hits a difficult topic.  Might be very helpful for teens to read and discuss as even if they aren't in that situation themselves it can help understand why some teens might act the way they do and the fear and uncertainty that permeates their lives.

Thank you for posting about it!