Menu

Do you think this schedule is long enough for grades 4&2?

LNC

I want them to have time for free reading, art, and handicrafts. Also, I want them to have time w/ their special needs brother when he comes home from school. I'm just not sure it's enough. My 2nd grader didn't get to his CLP spelling workbook, and my 4th grader didn't get to her Veritas novel lit guide. My language arts plans are pretty full.

School Schedule

7:15-8:00 Eat Breakfast, exercise, practice piano, get dressed

8:00-8:50 CLE Math

8:50-9:10 CLP Bible

9:10- 11:00 Language Arts:

CLE Language Arts 4

Writing with Ease

CLE Reading

Veritas novel comprehension guides

Christian Liberty Press Spelling

Worldly Wise 1

CLE Language Arts 2

Writing with Ease

Adventures in Phonics book C

CLE, Pathway readers

Veritas First Favorites

Christian Liberty Press Spelling

11:00-12:00 History & Science/Geography (alternating every other day)

12:00-12:30 Lunch w/ Liberty’s kids

12:30-2:40 free time: art projects, crafts, exercise, board games, puzzles, reading etc.

2:40 brother comes home!!!

My general rule is the grade +1 equals the maximum number of hours per day. The time looks good for a 4th grader, but maybe a bit full for the second grader. I'm not familiar with all of your LA programs, but that seems a little full to me especially if you try to do all of those every day. For 4th, I would consider either alternating or dropping the spelling and the Worldly Wise as well as the CLE reading and the Veritas comprehension guides. LA here only takes 1 1/2 hours per day at most. For the 2nd grader, I would consider alternating or dropping Adventures in Phonics book C, CLE, Pathway readers, and Veritas First Favorites. LA only takes my 2nd grader 1 to 1 1/4 hours depending on the day. The math and history/science times look right on. If your DC have trouble concentrating for the entire morning, I would encourage you to schedule a break in the morning for maybe 30 minutes or so either by cutting down the LA or doing 30 minutes right after lunch. Here's a look at our schedule if it would help you to compare. HTH

We are doing something similar for 4th grade. For LA however, we are only do CLE LA, CLE reading and Writing with Ease. But, we also do Latin and Spanish and French also, so the time spent on school is about the same. For 2nd grade also, we are doing CLE reading, CLE LA and writing with Ease with School Song Latin and Spanish thrown into the mix.

Elmeryl