Menu

HS days at Mt. Vernon

*lifeoftheparty*

Question coming...

So, we go to Mt. vernon every year- it's one of our favorite fall activities.

We have gone to HS day once- usually we do the Fall Family Harvest/Festival weekend.

This year, the HS days are on Sat. Nov. 1st (no thanks) and Tuesday, Nov. 11th- Veterans Day. The Fall Family festival is Oct. 25-26.

I can't decide which day to go!! Thing is, I kind of remember HS days being WAY more crowded than the family weekend- but I think there were more demonstrations and stuff on the HS day. I think.

I wonder if having HS day the same as Veterans Day will be way crowded? On the flip side- DH would have off that day, and, we are both veterans and would get in for free. Of course, he would be off for the family weekend too, duh, do that doesn't matter....

Anyone else have any insight into which time would be better? Fall festival or HS day on Nov. 11? What do you think?

If you have no opinion- just consider this your heads up that HS days at Mt. Vernon are on Nov. 1st and 11th. :)

They are similar.  I'm trying to remember exactly, but I seem to remember getting in for the tour was insane on the family weekend (though the tour is often the lamest part of a trip to Mt. Vernon), but there were a ton more activities and many kids weren't really engaged whereas more kids the year we did the homeschool day were way into it and it was harder to do stuff.  I hope I'm not mixing those up though...

I would do the Family Weekend, I think...

I know- I have the same "hope I'm not mixing things up" thoughts.... I think maybe I'll try to go back and look at my pictures from each and compare....

Also, I set up all the field trips for my group, and I'm trying to decide which would be better for a field trip. (I probably should have mentioned that from the get go- lol!)

I don't really care about the entrance fees- we just *adore* going in the fall. I have been in December, I don't like it. Too cold. Not pretty enough.

I'm just trying to decide which fall day will be the best, and decide if I should go during the HS day or not...

I don't remember HS day or the Fall Family Fest being *too* crowded- I have never been there when I would consider it too crowded.

I dunno. Maybe I'm over thinking it....

I didn't even know they did homeschool days. I don't think I'd ever attempt it during weekends or holidays. It's good to go once inDecember to see that top floor that's usually closed, but we've done that. I <3 Mt Vernon. It takes all of my willpower to leave before rush hour.