Menu

Sample highschool IHIP NY

Would you mind sharing your high school IHIP  . I need to be sure I'm getting this right for 9th grade.  Thank you!

Should I just list the unit for each course and the books, or more detail?

I couldn't attach the actual document, so my formatting isn't here--but hopefully this mess will give you an idea of what I include. It's actually in a 3 column table:

Individualized Home Instruction Plan (IHIP)

School Year 2014-2015

Student:

Instructor:

Grade: 9

COURSES RESOURCES USED Numbers of

UNITS

MATHEMATICS: Algebra 2 Algebra and Trigonometry Paul Foerster

We plan to complete the Algebra 2 portion of this book and continue on to the Trigonometry section if time allows 1 UNIT

ENGLISH English I

-Windows to the World: An Introduction to Literary Analysis, Excellence in Writing.

-Literary analysis of the following novels and plays using discussions in Tapestry of Grace: Animal Farm, Our Town, The Pearl, The Old Man and the Sea, The Chosen, To Kill a Mockingbird, Citizen of the Galaxy.

Composition: Level 9 Composition assignments from Tapestry of Grace, Year 4, Lampstand Press. 1 UNIT

SOCIAL STUDIES ECONOMICS: Exploring Economics, Notgrass Company 1/2 UNIT

HISTORY OF THE WORLD: The Twentieth Century, Tapestry of Grace, Year 4. Lampstand Press. 1 UNIT

SCIENCE

Biology with lab BIOLOGY, Miller and Levine Prentice Hall—35 Chapters

Lab-Paq Biology labs 1 UNIT

SPANISH 1 Excelerate Spanish 1, Caryn Hommel

Easy Spanish Reader, Practice Makes Perfect: Basic Spanish 1 UNIT

FINE ARTS Introduction to Fine Arts

This class will cover various types of Fine Arts. It will include drum lessons, art classes at **** Co-op, a puppetry class at the co-op and a Performing Arts workshop at *** . ½ UNIT

PHYSICAL EDUCATION 2 hours weekly fitness training

1 hour weekly gym at **** Co-op

1 UNIT

DATES FOR SUBMISSION OF QUARTERLY AND ATTENDANCE REPORTS:

1ST QUARTER: November 15, 2014

2ND QUARTER: February 7, 2014

3RD QUARTER: April 18, 2014

4TH QUARTER: June 30, 2015

Submitted on ______/________/_____________ Parent/ Instructor signature: ___________________________

Title:  Individualized Home Instruction Plan (IHIP) For School Year 2014-2015

Student Name

Parent Name

Home Address and Contact Number

Grade Level #?

Then I just made a two column report with 1st column titles subject and 2nd column titles Curriculum/Instructional Materials.

Next just listed required subjects like:

Language Arts...............................................Lightning Literature and Composition (Hewitt) or Reading Comprehension with various nonfiction and fictional literature with 2-4 weeks per book selection

Physical Education.........................................Individual Sports Programs:  Weight-lifing, soccer

History............................................................The Study of Colonial and Revolutionary Periods in New York State and United States utilizing literature, field trips, the internet, and multidisciplinary activities.

Instructor/Parent Signature ______________________________  Date ________________

That's about it - very simple and very general

Myra

• 3 weeks later...

I have another question about this IHIP

I still have to write ours up but I have time as I am waiting on the district to send back the paperwork.

But If we are using say for Biology power basics.. but I also have a few other texts that we may use for reference , should they be listed separately under a reference section on the IHIP and not under that class because we will not be using them as our main text?

Thank you!

I didn't bother listing anything except the title of the main text along with publisher and/or author. 

If I didn't have a text book at all then I wrote something like: utilizing a variety of educational media including literature, field trips, the internet, and multidisciplinary activities.

And as for waiting for the district to send back paperwork.....my district never responded except with a letter stating "paperwork received" so I just sent in my IHIP along with my letter of intent and reporting dates....one big package at once.

Myra

I didn't bother listing anything except the title of the main text along with publisher and/or author. 

If I didn't have a text book at all then I wrote something like: utilizing a variety of educational media including literature, field trips, the internet, and multidisciplinary activities.

And as for waiting for the district to send back paperwork.....my district never responded except with a letter stating "paperwork received" so I just sent in my IHIP along with my letter of intent and reporting dates....one big package at once.

Myra

Thank you!  I was going to mail mine in but now I see on the district newsletter something about all paperwork now goes through BOCES not our school district except for the LOI . So I'm preparing it and waiting to get the information. I think this is something new as when we did 5th grade paperwork in went directly to school.

Thanks again for the info!