Menu

Give me your top biography recommendations for Christian scientists.

I'm looking to build my library of biographies of Christian scientists -- both past and present. I'm in the middle of Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Dr. Paul Brand and Philip Yancey (not a biography; I'll get to Ten Fingers for God at some point). I'd like to add to my dc's reading lists several biographies or other science books that highlight a Christian scientist. I'm tired of all the bios on George Washington Carver that omit or water down his life of faith, which apparently drove so much of what he accomplished. So, share some of your favorite reads!

Thanks as always!

Lisa

I have a little book called Scientists Who Believe. It is a collection of 21 brief biographies of scientists told in their own words--they were originally radio broadcasts sent behind the Iron and Bamboo curtains (early 1980's, I think). The book has a focus of how scientists are welcomed in places they wouldn't be able to go as evangelists, but they can be a witness through their profession. Very interesting if you are of an evangelical bent. Authors (editors) are Eric Barrett and David Fisher. Published by Moody Press.

I have a little book called "Men of Science, Men of God" that gives you about 101 mini bios of these scientists, what they invented, etc. I think it is put out by Master Books - the author is Henry Morris. You could take a look at that list and then pick up various deeper biographies??? HTH

T