Menu

Signing the transcript some time in the future makes no sense to me - isn't it the record of the coursework the student has completed in high school and wouldn't it be signed by the school official when high school is completed?

I am not sure I understand the scenario you are planning for. If your kids are adults and should need a high school transcript later, why would that not be the transcript issued at the time of graduation and signed by the school official at that point in time?

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you are asking.

I have printed my name on the transcript and left an electronic copy with DD for future use. The date on the transcript is the date of her graduation and will not change since she is no longer enrolled in my homeschool.

We will sign the diploma now and put it away to collect dust with our high school diplomas. But the transcripts are different. Aren't they put together and signed at the time they are requested?  I will put the transcript document together now with electronic and paper copies, but I want to include signature instructions for the future "records keeper" so that if anything happens to me someone would be able to provide this for my children.

All that should need to happen is that if a transcript is requested, someone prints it (if it is computer-generated) and signs it and mails it off. There should be a space on the transcript itself for an authorized signature. It is not a big deal. :-)